April 2017 - Present
Wall Street Journal
Senior Product Designer
- iOS app: A member of the design team which rethought and rebuilt the iPhone/Android app.
- Olympics 2018 site banner for medal count.
- Video Series Video Page: A new presentation page for videos which are part of a named series
- Video Series Index
- Live Coverage: A complete redesign of the reader-facing live coverage experience, including adding a highlights view, better pinned media presentation, and breaking the reporting into pre-, during, and post- periods.
- Commenting: Overhaul of the commenting component for articles, including adding features and processes for reducing the discourse toxicity which had been prevalent.
- Market Data tables: Designed a comprehensive system for data tables, particularly as they’re used for various market and economic information.
- Market Data pages: Redesign of every one of our Market Data pages, numbering in the dozens.
- Image Grid: A new visual way for editors to present a collection of articles.
- Tappable Stories: Designed a new storytelling experience which puts a focus on short snippets of information and visuals.
- Breaking News: Redesigned the Breaking News banner which appears below the header.
- Article Subheads: Adjusted our typeface system for article subheads
- Article Pull Quotes
- Share Tools: New design for the article share tools, focusing on
- Article Actions Bar: new layout for font-size adjustment, print, article saving, and commenting count/link
- Article Slideshow Inset
- Fullscreen Image Slideshow
- Secure Drop page and link: Advertising the WSJ’s ability to receive secure tips from readers.
- WSJ 101: A collections of pages and features for educating new-to-finance readers on terms and definitions related to markets and economy. [Deprioritized and never launched.]
- New WSJ Homepage Redesign: A member of the team redesigning a new homepage experience. [Deprioritized and waiting for a future release.]
- Summer Interns: hired and managed the interns who join us every summer.
- Homepage Podcast Player: for presenting the daily podcast The Journal.
- Assisted in moving entirety of WSJ.com from it’s use of Chronicle and Whitney typefaces to Escrow, Exchange, and Retina.
- WSJ Exclusive: Design of the presentation for stories in which WSJ reported first scoops.
WSJ Editorial Tools
- Newsgrid: Newsroom planning tool
- Authoring: Article writing/publication experience
- Live Coverage: Unique tool for writing and publishing live coverage reporting
- Image Manager: image search, upload, and cropping tool
- Chartlos: Chart creating and publishing tool